Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting Creative

Melanie told me today that I have to post something. I don't really have much good material lately, but we did have an interesting afternoon waiting for the delivery of our appliances to our new house. (Melanie knows because I called several times because I was so bored I kept thinking of dumb thoughts I wanted to talk about!) I hate waiting for deliveries or services because they always give such a large window of time. I feel trapped - even if I were not going to go anywhere anyway, I suddenly feel hostage. So, today, when I had to wait with three kids in our house that was not furnished with anything, it was especially torturous. The good thing was that it forced us to be a little creative. Here are a few photos of what we did. (I apologize for the disorderly hairdos!)


Ava found the Costco bag of toilet paper (the one thing I have taken to the new house) and put it on like some lovely shawl. She told me that she was ready to go to the costume party! (I'm not sure where she's ever heard that before!)



Natalie found some piece of packing foam and started talking on it like a phone. She doesn't realize this, but it really looked very much like those first model cell phones from the late 80's!



Ava took her turn too. You can see that the conversations were quite intense! (They were conversing with each of our extended family members.)



Okay, so this one was from home (at our apartment) where the tv is gone, so we decided to watch YouTube videos. Unfortunately, there are a plethora of extremely cheesy homemade videos people have made from pictures of their horses set to even cheesier music. I walked in on Natalie watching one of these and thought it was so funny how in love she was with this video!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I am so excited to see all of you this weekend! Sorry for getting Natalie hooked on the horse videos ;)

Melanie said...

Great ways to use your time, Ange. What more could you ask for than dress-ups and toy phones? And thanks for posting again. :) That video of Natalie is hilarious. She really was just swooning.

bg said...

Talk about horses, today we have played every pretend horse scenario I could come up with and at four this afternoon Natalie asked me why we couldn't spend more time playing horses. I think the child may grow up to be a rodeo star!